Since August 2010 in NSW, the registration and insurance details of a vehicle caught committing an offence by an RMS enforcement camera, such as speeding or running a red light, are checked against RMS records
All fixed speed cameras, mobile speed cameras, bus lane cameras, red light/safety cameras, transit lane cameras and point-to-point cameras now check registration details.
Driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle attracts a fine of at least $1032: $516 for being unregistered and $516 for being uninsured.
- A pink slip is a road worthiness or safety inspection report for registered vehicles that is valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
- An e safety check transmit the safety check results electronically to the RMS, saving time and frustration as you can then renew your registration online with myRego or over the phone rather than going into the RMS offices.
- All vehicles that are more than five years old will require a pink slip / e-safety check for registration renewal. An inspection which will take between 15-20 minutes to complete.
- Safety items such as blown globes, damaged wipers etc are repaired on your approval – note these items failing will result in a failed pink slip
- If your car fails the pink slip, you then have 14 days to have the defects repaired and bring it back for inspection to the same inspection centre so it can be issued with a pink slip at no extra charge. If it takes longer than 14 days for the repairs you will need to pay for another pink slip.
- A pink slip is valid for 30 days from date of issue, so make sure you get your pink slip around the same time that your registration is due, otherwise you’ll need to do it all again.
- As an authorised vehicle inspection station, Sutherland Shire Auto can assist you with a pink slips for you petrol, diesel or LPG vehicle and for the boat trailer, caravan or camper van. Call us on 9542 2260 to make a booking.
- A blue slip is a full inspection of your vehicle, different from a pink slip, as it checks all the components of your car, for leaks, lights, seat belts, brakes, suspension thoroughly.
- A blue slip also has a written off vehicle check, that identifies stolen vehicle that have been re-badged with number plates from a wrecked vehicle, a forensic vehicle identity check that identifies any vehicle and a design inspection to make sure your vehicle is up to manufactures standards.
- A blue slip is required if you are selling the car without registration, if you are re-registering your car from interstate, or if the rego has been expired for more than 3 months. And not just a vehicle – lots of people forget about the boat trailer and caravan until it is summertime….and can cop a hefty fine just in time for the holidays!
- A blue slip will last 28 days from when it is issued. If you don’t pass the blue slip inspection then just like the pink slip you have 14 days from when you fail the inspection to have the defects repaired and return to your local inspection centre.
- If you don’t pass your blue or pink slip your car is deemed un-registered. However, you can drive the vehicle to and from the inspection centre and home or to a specialist repairer, or to the nearest practicable weighbridge to determine the weight of the vehicle.Just make sure you have made a booking before driving to the service centre or inspection centre, and just make sure you don’t deviate from the shortest route.
- If you are caught driving an unregistered vehicle on any other route, you may be fined – see above! – and police may remove the vehicle’s number plates on the spot or they may seize the vehicle
- A green slip is a is an insurance policy which provides for compensation for people killed or injured in a motor vehicle accidenty.
- A green slip a legal requirement for all motor vehicles registered in NSW, except trailers. Trailers are covered under the greenslip of the towing vehicle.
- Green slip is a generic term for Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance. Greenslips are also referred to as CTP Greenslips, green slips, greenslip insurance, CTP and CTP Insurance.
- When you purchase a greenslip you are participating in two schemes. First, the third-party Insurance scheme, regulated before 1 December 2017 by Motor Accidents Compensation Act 1999 and from 1 December 2017 by Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017. Second, the Lifetime Care and Support scheme, regulated by the Motor Accidents (Lifetime Care and Support) Act 2006.
Sutherland Shire Auto Centre – we are your one stop shop for all petrol diesel LPG and Hybrid vehicle servicing and repair, Pink and Blue slip authorised, authorised baby capsule fitter. Call us on 9542 2260 to make a booking today….
Remember – Most new vehicle manufacturer’s warranties will be voided unless your vehicle is serviced every 6 months or 10000 km. Maintaining your warranty’s coverage is getting your servicing done to the manufacturer’s specifications.